If your vehicle’s license plate(s) or emblem is lost, mutilated or stolen, a replacement is required.
To obtain a replacement, the registered owner is required to submit the following:
- A properly completed and signed Application for Replacement License Plate or Emblem
- The vehicle’s current Certificate of Registration.
- If the license plates have been mutilated or defaced, both the front and back license plates need to be turned in. If only one plate has been lost or stolen, the one remaining plate needs to be turned in.
- A properly completed and signed Application for Duplicate Registration
- Current safety inspection must be submitted.
- Payment of the appropriate fees:
- To replace both the emblem and license plates is $5.50
- To replace the license plates is $5.00
- To replace an emblem is $0.50
- To replace a Registration is $5.00
Please Note: If registration is due within forty-five (45) days, registration fees will be collected.