The Kauai Department of Liquor Control reviews and responds to all complaints received from the community related to liquor establishments. Please file your complaint by submitting to us the Complaint Form below or Call our 24 Hour Complaint Line at (808) 241-4967 and leave a message. We respect your privacy and will keep your contact information confidential.
1. How do I file a complaint? You may file a complaint online, by phone or in person. Allow a minimum of five (5) business days for confirmation that we received your complaint.
- Online: Complete the Online Complaint form at the link below and submit.
- 24 Hour Complaint Line: Call (808) 241-4967 to leave a message, describe in detail the complaint, name and/or address of the liquor establishment, date and time of the occurrence, any other specific information you can provide. Leave your name and phone number for a call back or you may remain anonymous.
- In Person: At this time during COVID restrictions the office is not open to the public. Please file any complaints online or by phone.
2. How do I follow up on the status of my complaint?
If an investigator has already contacted you, you may call him or her directly. If you have not yet been contacted and it's been more than five (5) business days since you filed your complaint, you may call to speak to our Supervising Liquor Investigator at (808) 241-4966.
3. Do I have to identify myself when filing a complaint?
No. You can file your complaint anonymously however, we will not be able to update you on the result of our investigation. If you wish to provide us with your name and contact information, we will keep that confidential to the extent possible, but sometimes a premises or persons named in your complaint might be able to guess who is filing the complaint. If a complaint results in an adjudication hearing against the licensee, the complaint and its entirety may be subject to disclosure due to the discovery process.
FILE A COMPLAINT ON A LICENSED ESTABLISHMENT