PLEASE WATCH: HOW TO GET YOUR REAL ID
First book a County of Kauai, DMV appointment here Book your DMV appointment
All applicants must present original or certified copies from our REAL ID Compliant Document List to prove the following:
- Proof of Legal Name - If your current name is different from the name shown on any document (examples: due to marriage, divorce, adoption, name change, naturalization certificate), you are required to provide "connecting documents" to establish the link between the names.
- Proof of Legal Presence.
- Proof of Social Security Number. If you need a Social Security card, visit: Social Security Administration.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- If the applicant is under eighteen (18) years of age:
- Birth Certificate is required
- An Affidavit must be submitted in connection with the desire of the aforesaid child to secure a license to drive. This affidavit must be witnessed by a person authorized to administer oaths and must signed as follows:
- If both the father and mother of the applicant have custody, both the father and mother must sign the affidavit.
- If only one parent has custody of the applicant, that custodial parent must sign.
- If neither parent has custody of the applicant and the applicant has a custodial guardian(s), all the custodial guardian(s) must sign.
- If neither parent has custody of the applicant and the applicant has no custodial guardian(s), a responsible person who is willing to assume the obligation may sign. The person(s) who signed shall be jointly and severally liable with the minor applicant for any damages caused by such negligence or misconduct.
- Proof of Principal Residence (Two Documents Required).
- Pass the required vision test.
- Payment of the appropriate fees. Refer to the Kauai County Fee Chart.